Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day

I'm trying to make sure that I take advantage of the time I have to spend with my daughter and make sure that we get to do fun things and create memories that she will be able to cherish for a lifetime. One of the good things about Orlando when it comes to kids is Disney. I was very fortunate to be able to get an annual pass when I first moved here and boy has it paid off! We've been to Magic Kingdom alone over a dozen times and every single time has been completely different. While for me sometimes it can get old, I love seeing the look on my daughters face every time she rides the tea cup ride or prince charming's carousel. Time flies when it comes to kids growing up and the older she gets I know that eventually the magic will wear off. For now I take comfort in knowing that she'll be able to look back and remember all of our amazing trips to Disney.

This weekend was a perfect one to get out and have some fun. On Friday I surprised her after school and we headed to Magic Kingdom. We only got to enjoy it for about an hour before the rain started, but we still managed to take in the magic of it all. Her favorite part about Friday's outing? Dancing in the rain off course. On Saturday we went out to the pool and soaked up the sun and on Sunday we relaxed at home, watched a few movies and just spent quality time together. 

While I enjoy being at home, my kid loves to be out and about so I knew that I had to get her out to do something on Monday. The day started off sunny & bright, so it was perfect to be out. I gave her an option Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studious? She chose Animal Kingdom, we packed her snacks and I fed her lunch at home and we were on our way. We don't usually do Animal Kingdom, but I'm so glad that we did yesterday. We did the river rapids and got soaked, then we rode the safari and got to see some really cool animals including a baby Giraffe that was only 4 weeks old! We also took the train out to the conservation station where Nia learned about helping animals and she was also given a wilderness explorer book (her favorite part) and was able to earn badges for completing different activities throughout the park. We ended the day with Finding Nemo the musical which was amazing and then headed home to eat dinner, cuddle up and watch a movie and then get ready for school the next day. 

The weekend was not perfect, but it was perfect for us. I was so happy to know that she had a great time and while I can't give her much right now I know that I can always give her my time.











No comments:

Post a Comment